Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Working Together With My Kid


Each day, i work across our 6ft dining table from my son. He is turning 19 this year, and a YouTuber. Spends a lot of his time working on new videos and interacting on Discord with his friends. I am here to provide some sort of support to him so that he knows that he is not working alone. He was diagnosed with autism at around 2 years old when i was still pregnant with my second child.

He doesnt really need me to be sitting here. In fact, he sometimes asks me to just go back to my room upstairs. Especially when he knows he will be creating a ruckus when he goes on Discord to chat with his friends. It can be really noisy as hell. I keep reminding myself even though he doesnt want me to be around, i just need to work quietly in the shadow.

He is growing up so fast before me. The road to independence is still a long journey for him. In a way, i am extremely proud of his dedication and passion towards building his YouTube channel. The videos he publishes may not be for average people like me and you, but hey, he has his subscribers base and viewers that keep coming back for more. I'll just keep my distance and watch him type away :)

No comments: