Thursday, March 24, 2022

Managing The Emotions Of An Upset YouTuber With Autism

G had another meltdown around 4am. Ruckus downstairs. Came up to my room, in tears, angry, yelling. M also woke up blur af. Why? Discord-Youtube issue. So, he put up a vid about it, tagged me in it asking for help, but im still trying to figure out the trigger. No heads no tails. He cant express himself properly. My head started to pound. I can feel my heartbeat racing. Breathe, Samm. Breathe.... 

I drag my half-asleep ass down and sat next to him. To calm him down. To help him manage his anger, his emotions, towards whatever is triggering everything. Handle the Discord crazy chats, his channel comments. Before things spiral out of hand. He remembered what he did earlier and mumbled he will not do it again. I assured him it's ok. Over already. And to keep the lesson in his heart, together with Papa, so he wont forget. Gave him a bun. Made him a beverage with cereal. 

Being a YouTuber is not easy. Being a YouTuber with autism is hard. Being a mom to a YouTuber with autism is 5946373857x harder. You want to help. You dunno how to help. You dunno what's wrong. There is no fix except to be there. Sleepy, pain, tired, sad, upset, head not correct, sorry... I gotta turn all those switches in my head off. G needs me now. 2.5hr in.....

No comments: