Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Using The Tv As A Monitor

I don't own a standing desk for a fancy desk setup. All i have is an old Dell laptop. It's already 10 years old. It still functions albeit slow to start up and shut down. Takes patience to wait for programs to run on it. May shut down on its own every now and then also. Therefore, it serves more as a server for me to access all my old files stored on it.

I've hooked the old Dell up to the old 32in led tv. It's not a digital smart tv. Nothing plays on it anymore; not even our local tv stations. They've gone digital a few years back. It needs some kind of tv signal converter in order to watch the stations. Found one at Shopee but not going to buy it yet. It is still good for watching YouTube and Netflix tho.

I found that the tv is too low to use as a monitor should i need to sit there and do some computing work. Remembered my kids' old story books and took out a few to lift it higher for a better viewing height. Works like a charm, and even provided space below it for the keyboard and mouse. It is perfect now!

No comments: