Thursday, March 17, 2022

Rebuilding My YouTube Channel

I've resigned to the fact that i'll never be able to type on this laptop properly wearing the Maimo Watch. On one hand, i need to track my steps. On the other hand, i want to get back to the rhythm of typing and publishing something whenever an idea comes to mind. What to do... move the watch up my lower arm, lol. This is the only way i can get the job done without it getting in the way.

I'm in the midst of rebuilding my Youtube channel. It was set up like over a decade ago during the paid posts era. It has served its purpose and now that there are new terms and changes to Youtube, nothing that i've uploaded to it previously is relevant anymore. Even the monetization part of it has been revoked. 

Youtube now requires a minimum of 1000 subscribers and 4000 public watch hours to qualify for monetization. I am halfway a the subscribers mark. If i remember correctly, it was at around 250 when i got back to it. Watch hours was just around 400hrs or so. I have managed to double the stats in a few months. Nothing to shout about, but i'm working on it. Need to make more videos and upload to it consistently to get Youtube to recognize that this channel is still alive!

This was taken yesterday 16 March 2022. 524 subscribers : 995 public watch hours

Can be done. Can be done. Lots of effort needed. Have to remind myself that every single thing that i do can be turned into a vlog of some sort. I've been watching some channels and i like how some of the videos are being edited. Gotta embrace new styles, new programs to get things done and so forth. Out with the old, in with the new, haha. So much learning to do. 

No comments: