Monday, October 27, 2014

Organic Cranberry Juice for Urinary Tract Infection

It all started with foul-smelling urine for two consecutive days. As I have never had urinary tract infection before, it never occurred to me to suspect anything wrong with it. I thought it must have been the beer sessions and lack of water that caused the smelly and darker than usual urine. Little did I know that what started as foul-smelling urine eventually led to urinary retention by the third day.

Things were still fine in the morning but I found that I couldnt pee everything out despite applying a little pressure towards the end whenever I pee. As the usual hustle and bustle of the days drew on, the urinary tract infection problem worsened. By night, it got really bad that I even saw blood in my urine!!! Hubs was out at a meeting and I had to send him an emergency message requesting for his immediate return.

It was still early when he came back. Being a person that's pro natural-healing than going the doctor's, he went to the kitchen and gave me 4 Provex (grapeseed extract caps) and 4 Phytomega (phytosterol caps) to flush down with lots of water. Then, drove me to the health store to buy me a bottle of cranberry juice, and a bottle of pomegranate juice. Took me to the nearby restaurant and poured me a big glass of cranberry juice to start off the urinary tract infection natural healing process.


By the time we reached home, I was able to pee already though not completely. But definitely a huge relieve for me than not being able to. I drank another glass before bed and happy me did not complain of having to get up a few times to pee in the night. I was still pretty concerned over the blood present in my urine though. So much so that each time before I pee, I cleared the toilet bowl before I sat down, and checked it properly for traces of blood after I'm done. Yeah, i was that concerned!!!

The next few days were spent drinking cranberry juice and pomegranate juice, lots of water, apple cider vinegar, virgin coconut oil, popping more Provex and Phytomega, Florify (pro-biotics), etc., all in the name of eliminating the bacteria down under from my system. I had a burning sensation for the first two days too. I can tell you that having Urinary Tract Infection can be a downright horrifying experience. Unable to pee, blood in pee, burning sensation,..... my gaaaawdddd.....

 It has been 10 days since my first urinary retention experience which started on the night of 17th Oct. I had an accompanying itch down there too two days later, which I took care of by applying Melaleuca Oil generously all over my vagina, especially at the urethra opening. I have no idea what brought the Urinary Tract Infection episode on. My suspect is the massive amount of stress that I have been going through of late, lack of sleep,  not drinking sufficient water, and contaminated water in the bathroom water container.

I have since finished the cranberry juice and pomegranate juice. These days, I drink a lot of apple cider vinegar and virgin coconut oil. The rest of the supplements are back to my usual daily dosage. Hygiene is of utmost important. Pee-wash-dry-apply Melaleuca oil during every toilet visit. A slight urinary retention is still present till today. Hope the darned urinary tract infection disappears altogether soon.

No comments: