Thursday, November 13, 2008

The power of SEO

Life was bliss when i started my blogging journey. Back then, i know nuts about monetization and search engine optimization. All i did was to write what comes to mind. I did tags, i had fun socializing, i commented on other blogger's blogs and all that jazz. Sigh... i have not done any of that for more than two years. I dont even visit blogs these days since i have all my favorite ones on my RSS feed. I'd rather read them all from one place, saves me time. As for commenting, that's a joke. Ever since i got to know what SEO is all about, i forged ahead with my newfound knowledge and never turned back.

Without SEO knowledge, i wont be able to gain search engine traffic. To me, search engine traffic is everything. When people comes to my blog through the search engine, they are here to look for something. And if what i wrote isnt providing them with what they are looking for, chances are they will click on the links around my post to find out more. In order to do that, my landing pages have to be optimized for the search engines. And i'm darned good at that. Unfortunately for many of my friends, they have a hard time understanding all these. Well, i'm not here to teach you SEO and stuff. I'm not qualified to do that.

There have been times when i write a review on a particular product only to rank better than the company that manufactures or sells it. There was once, a company wrote to me and asked me how i managed to sit above them on the SERP and requested that i remove my post as it's not doing them any good, lol. Dont even know how to offer me a deal to their benefit. Too bad for them. Maybe it's time they get some help from this Boston SEO and whack me off the page for good. Well, till today, i'm still sitting there on the first result on page 1. Now, that's the power of SEO. Samm rules!!!

No comments: