Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why are you writing Aff opps for free?

If you are a paidpostie, i'm sure you would have signed up to write ads for SS. Nope, i'm not gonna state what SS stands for as i dont want my ass fried. Dont question, just read on. Well, if you are writing for SS, then you would have noticed some aff opps which pays you on a perconversion basis. Let me be very frank with you. I wont be bothered with these kinda opps. Why? Let me explain.

These advertisers are cheapskates who want nothing except for a free link back to their site. They dont even want to pay you the miserable 5 bucks in exchange for 1 to 3 links, depending on how cheap those buggers are. And then, you may say, "But they are going to pay me $13 bucks per conversion worr.... that's good mah...." Ya, ya, ya.... get real. How are you going to track your conversions?


If you want to have a go at earning from affiliate sales, you might as well go get yourself an Amazon affiliate account or Ebay affiliate account (plenty more out there). Go select whatever product you wanna pimp on your blog, slap the codes in, and praise it sky high lah. This way, the post belongs to you and not the cheap advertiser (i'm not going to broach on the SEO aspect of it), you can track your sale, and pocket your earnings.

So, the next time you see an aff opp from SS, tell them to F-off.

3 comments:

Silence is Golden said...

you're right about that! I can't see many people doing it... really. The aff posts are a good idea... for advertisers.

But for posties... well, I just don't get it. I 've done Amazon and had nearly US$1K of sales (only $50 or so...)

Kenneth

Joan Reeves said...

Good one. Illustrates something I blogged about yesterday so I put a link to it today.

Unknown said...

I guess it is a good thing if you are not in US and the advertiser only pay by check. Amazon is a problem for me. I would be better if they used Paypal.
Anyway, I don´t believe in aff links anymore. I never get more than a few dollars.