Saturday, May 03, 2008

Of Gordon's eyes and lasik surgery

Gordon's been blinking his eyes a lot lately. This may be due to him waking up too early and getting tired by late evening. I've banned him from playing with the Sony PSP and also the laptop. The DVD player has conked out and he hasnt been watching TV also. He doesnt like our normal TV programs. Good also for the both of us. He's not asking me to change his DVDs for him every two hours or so these days.

His eyes need to rest. I will buy him some natural tears to help lubricate them for him. And that's if he lets me. I dont want him to wear specs at a young age. I'm also giving him lots of supplements which is good for vision. As for me, i'm still chicken over getting Lasik surgery done for my eyes. Heard and read too much about its long term side effects. Who knows what can happen five years down the road after Lasik surgery, right.

4 comments:

wisesim said...

Hi there! I am new to blogging. Sony psp or pc games is really bad for kids. Encourage him to play some board games instead.

Lucy Liew said...

Don't worry la, I went through lasik in 98, and that time it was still at that pioneering stages, and knock on wood, so far, I have supervision on rt and perfect vision on the left.. 10 years already, so far so good. Go for it la, seek reputable surgeons. I strongly recommend it.

Ahmad Sadli Ibrahim said...

I once accompanied my friend to do LASIK at Mid Valley.When he finished I can smell like something meaty burning. Not to scared you though. He is doing fine now.

worldwindows said...

Leave the Lasik to those who are older or bolder.