Monday, February 26, 2007

Me Cooking??

MIL asked me to cook before. Being a good and obedient DIL (bluueekkk), i obliged. If it's a once-in-a-while thing, i dont mind it at all. Then, it got rather frequent and i sensed that it's turning into an everyday thing. You say horrifying or not.

No, i dont like to cook. Not that i cannot cook to save my life. But, i like my things in one place. I dont like to spend half my cooking time rummaging through the endless number of cabinets and drawers looking for things and having to walk to her bedroom to ask her where the heck the item is.

Moreover, i like to cook food MY way, not according to other peoples' instructions. Those low salt, less oil and sugar, additives and flavor enhancers dont go along with their taste. I dont like my food criticised for being a tad bland for other peoples' liking. 2 choices; take it or leave it.

So, whenever she asked me to cook, i'd offer to buy it back. After a few times, the requests stopped. I guessed she got the message. No way am i going to spend time in the kitchen, fending off flies and mosquitoes, getting oil fumes onto my hair and clothes and into my lungs.

4 comments:

L B said...

Your Hubby did not marry you for your culinary skills, obviously!!! Hor?

WAHM said...

Low salt, less oil and sugar... sounds familiar. I like this sort of cooking and food leh - wanna cook for me or not :)

may said...

yea, I like my stuff to be in places where I could find them too. quite hard cooking in someone else's kitchen. tapau, best!! *grin*

Samm said...

LB - NO, HE MARRIED ME FOR MY HOST OF OTHER SUPERMULTI-TASKING SKILLS, KKKKKK

DORIS - YESSS!! SOMEONE FINALLY ON MY SIDE FOR A CHANGE. ONE DAY, BOTH OF US SHALL PLAY MASAK-MASAK TOGETHER.

MAY - YES, TAPAU, BEST, BUT HAVE TO BE CHOOSY LOH. NEXT TIME MY KITCHEN, I SHALL COOK UP A STORM.