Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I need more info on Lasik

I'm sick and tired of wearing contacts. I've been wearing them for almost 20 years . Same old routine of cleaning, storing, and buying solutions, eekkk. Even though i do wear glasses occasionally, i find that they leave some red marks on the bridge of my nose. And that's not nice. And no matter what they say about "You can look beautiful in glasses too" kinda thing, in my opinion, "No, i dont think i look good in glasses". Period.

I'm considering Lasik. Anyone out there had Lasik done? Can you recommend me a good doctor so that i can have my eyes checked? Is it painful. Oh, mannn.... I'm such a vainpot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby did it a year ago at OpTimax. He said its not painful and now he can see better than last time when he was wearing specs! But have to go for regular check up until they say u're 100% ok. Got many doctors to choose from, the more expert the more $$$. He chosed the cheapest, cos its the same technology :P

Samm said...

How many times hv to go bck for check up? Aiyo, travel up n down KL, with my 2 mahlaus sommore.... but, how much ah? 8k?

Anonymous said...

I wear glasses (detest contacts) - try getting some frameless lightweight ones next time you're in KL. Try the shop in KLCC, they're very good. More expensive to get the thinnest and lightest glass, but I bet you won't get those red marks.

I'm not keen on the lasik yet. Call me old fashioned :P

Samm said...

but me already doing dat, still got red marks. dats y see got better option onot lohh.

Anonymous said...

I just did it! :) I wrote about my experience on my blog atParis Beaverbanks and I did it at Optimax. Apparently they have a branch in Penang too in Island Plaza. Worth just looking :)