Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Especially for you, 5xmom!! The Ultimate Natural & Organic Cough Syrup Recipe

5xmom's boh siah, ooohhhhh, what a shame. Must have talked too much, muahahahaha.

Lost your voice hah. Ok, this will definitely restore it.... naturally and organically. Not any of those store-bought chemically formulated cough syrup crap. Kids love it too and you can make it any time.

Natural & Organic Cough Syrup Recipe

Place 6 cut white onions in a double boiler.
Do not add any water to it.
Add half a cup of organic pure honey.
Cook slowly over a low fire for two hours, then strain.
This will stop a cough and soothe your irritated throat when taken at REGULAR intervals.

If you're too lazy to do the double boiler version, here's a shortcut too.

Just chop up some onions and garlic. Leave the garlic out if you find that you cant stand the taste. But i strongly recommend it as it's a good natural anti-bacterial agent and will definitely rid everything from your congested system. Must be all the festive food getting to you now, couple with the new school term. Onions are good for your lungs and bowels. Honey soothes your dry and irritated throat.

Then, place 1 - 2 tablespoons of organic honey over them in a dish. And let it stand for 3 - 4 hours. Strain it if you like (but i left it there and ate it up bit by bit), then sip a teaspoonful every hour, or if necessary, every half an hour. Both Gordon and i had a bad cough recently and i made us a batch of this and kept it in a glass jar. Gordon-tested and approved.

Frankly speaking, i prefer making the latter version. Stirring over a stove doesnt sound encouraging to me, bleh.

Hope this help all those reading this too. Now, dont you all just love me.

16 comments:

Nine3 Nine3 said...

sound logic
will try out
Thanks Samn for sharing

Samm said...

u're most welcome

5xmom.com said...

Wah....the medicine woman! Thank you! Thank you! But hor, white onion is those from Australia ones izzit? Very expensive wor, last time I weigh 3 and it costs RM7! So cepat-cepat put back to the bin.

Samm said...

Beats drinking chemically formulated concoctions, right. White onions are also called pearl onions and are usually smaller in size than other varieties. They are more pungent also.

King's wife said...

err, Samm. How many types of white onions are there?
Anyway, it sounds easy enough. Thanks for sharing.

Samm said...

One, there are generally 3 types of onions, red, yellow and white. But if cannot find white, then use whatever u have.

ZMM said...

My hubby used to do this for me when he was still my boy friend. Minus the honey.

He just blended onions and garlic and fed that to me when I have flu, sore throat. It helped although so difficult to swallow.

Btw, your google ranking is higher than what you posted. You should be using the url of your blog w/out www.

This : http://www.google-pagerank.net/?http://myorganiclife.blogspot.com

it shows you have a rank of 4.. Very good in deed. I only have a 3.

Samm said...

Now, you can make some with honey for zara when she's had some yit-hei stuffs.

And i dont get ur google pagerank thingy. It's always been a 4 on my blog wor. What did you see over at ur side?

Cocka Doodle said...

Samm, please educate this blur cock.
Hmmm....where is organic honey from ah? How come the bees know which organic plants' nectar to collect ah? I thought they fly everywhere to look for nectar, right?
Ok,ok I owe you a picture of my armpit. Coming soon.....make sure you have a remedy conconction for nausea and vomitting non-stop LOL

Samm said...

Aaahh, all organic honey come from organic shops :). These poor bees live in very controlled environments making organic honey for us organically inclined homosapiens like me....

I'm all set and ready for your pic, tadaa.....

Helen said...

Of course we LOVE you!! LOL

Now I can join Malaysian Idol liao!! Vote for me har?? LOL

Samm said...

Yes, yes, will sure get my entire network of juih-pang-gau-yau, hing-tai-ji-mui and yi-ma-ku-jeh to vote for you, hehehe

ZMM said...

I see 0..

Samm said...

Maybe try to refresh ur browser? It's still 4 here lah. And i tot u're gonna tell me it turned 5 woh.

Anonymous said...

Today, I came home from work with a little itch. Arghhhh! Now I have sore throat. Your cough syrup recipe came in a good time. I'll head to the whole foods store tomorrow! Thanks, Samm! *hugs*

Samm said...

Great. u can try it out, then blog about the results on ur next post *wink*