Monday, July 17, 2006

Today is the 12th morning.... but why morning ah? Not day meh???

So, it's an important. The day i get to bathe officially. Yes, chinese confinement customs does not allow a mother who's just given birth to bathe for 30 days. But, we do it on the 12th. MIL made a tub of water with white rice wine and a few pomelo leaves for me to take my bath. The feel of warm water over my body never felt soooooo good. I even washed my hair. I feel so light now. Like a burden's been lifted off me. I bathed quickly just in case i catch a cold.

Gordon woke up really early this morning at 7.30am, crying non-stop. Kept wanting to climb over onto my side on top of me. Malcolm is in bed with me on my right. Didnt bother to put him back onto the highchair after nursing him in the wee hours of the morning. So, a wailing Gordon was practically trampling all over the bed; and kept falling over the comforter, myself and Malcolm.

Hubby didnt gave a damn and continued sleeping until i started screaming at him to get Gordon off me and Malcolm. Which he reluctantly did so grumpily, having been awaken from his sleep.
Still havent got a clue as to what Gordon wants at times, today's a fine example of his crankiness. Kept saying "ji-ji, ji-ji....". WTF's ji-ji??? Turned on the TV..... no, not what he wanted. Turned on the PC..... no, also not what he wanted. Diu.... really dunno what he wanted, so, left him to "ji-ji....ji-ji...." on his own.

Malcolm's dried-up umbilical cord fell off today. I lost Gordon's. So, i'm gonna keep this properly this time.... hopefully. My mom and SIL dropped by for a short visit bringing along with them eggs and some meat. MIL cooked Vinegared Pork with Ginger, and Chicken with Ginger & Black Fungus in Sweet Wine..... yummy, yummy. I've been eating and eating and eating these past 12 days. And yet, i still feel hungry all the time. Wonder where all it went to..... milk production, maybe.

9 comments:

King's wife said...

Just thinking about the vinegared pork makes me damn hungry too!!

shoppingmum said...

You waited that long to bathe??? Not smelly meh?

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

12th day to bathe? Wow! The midwife told me to bathe at day 2, while still at the hospital, which I did. U're a vely good girl, listen to MIL hehe

Samm said...

KW - i whacked quite a fair bit, but left those fatty ones inside the pot. Wow, the soup.... to die for, mannnn

shoppingmum - no lah. i towel myself like 3 times a day. i'm in my air-cond rm most of the time, so, not that hot lah. where got smelly???? hubby din say anything bout me being smelly, hehe

g - so, u say i dunggu onot, wait till the 12th day. neway, it's ok lah.

Anonymous said...

Hi Samm, congratulations on your new born! Great fan of you blog since I stumbled upon it.

Really interested in the colema stuff and mooncup. I live in Australia. Do you have a website for online sales?

Cheers,
Gaik

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

Samm - u not dungu lah, but respectful towards ur MIL, vely good attitude.

Sasha Tan said...

Wah..I Salute u! U can tahan for 12 days. I bathe straight after I left hospital..with the herbal mandi thing la.But didn't wash hair til 21st day..supposed to wait til 30th day but beh tahan edi..
Anyway, congrats on your new baby!

Samm said...

Gaik - thx for dropping by my blog ever so often. no, sorry. dun hv online sales. i dont sell the mooncup, but i ask the person who sells that here whether she can ship over 2 u or not, k. As for the colema therapy machine, i dun ship overseas coz hvnt done that b4.

g - i try my best lah. one only has 1 mil in a lifetime anyway. to hv her around to help me out, i'm very lucky indeed. now, must think of a great thk you gift for her. but, hey..... got Malcolm already mah. what can be better than that, hoh.

sasha - since i'm not going anywhere, nvrmd lorrrr.

Anonymous said...

no worries Samm! i'll probably get in touch when i fly home at the end of this year. cheerio, gaik ;-)