Friday, July 14, 2006

I caught a chill last night

Malcolm @ 6 days old (12/7), sleeping in Gordon's highchair

Last night was awful. I had just finished extracting some pictures for the blog, getting them ready for today's post when i have the time to compose one. I then went to remove the digital camera which was being charged from the dresser top. The air-cond was on my right. I wasnt wearing my sweater, only in pajamas. The cold air hit me and i caught a chill.

I was shivering like a cat that fell into the water. I grabbed my sweater, ran out of the room and sat in the living room for like dunno how long. FIL woke up then and i asked him to turn the air-cond off for me. Managed to walk s-l-o-w-l-y to the guestroom when the shivering subsided and found my long terry bathrobe. Wore that and walked back to the room.

In bed, the thick clothing made me sweat like mad, but inside i was feeling damn cold. Every move gave me a shiver. The air-cond was already at 26 deg Celcius. And whenever Malcolm wanted to nurse, just unbuttoning my pajamas' top two buttons gave me more chills.... even with the comforter over my shoulders.

I dont know how long it lasted. I fell asleep whilst nursing Malcolm. All i know now is that it was damn awful last night.

5 comments:

Babe_KL said...

take care sam during your confinement. keep warm all the time. i'm not sure about you but during my confinement period i tend to feel chilly even i din swicth on aircon... my place very windy one and i can feel very cold when strong wind came by. funnily all this went away after the one month??!!??

Anonymous said...

malcolm so cute on the high chair. nice high chair, can recline all the way.

during my confinement also i did feel chilly especially when took off blouse to breastfeed. it was winter then, we had to turn on the heater so high just during the feeding session and right after when i took my shower. make sure you have a sweater/bathrobe nearby always.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

Malcolm looks like he is smiling :) Take good care and get well soon. I oso dunno why my c-sect took so long to heal but thank goodness it's all over. I guess me unlucky kot coz my other friend here, can walk about like normal on day 2 liao. Yeah I had spinal. What did you get?

wombie said...

you poor thing...shivering like that. Please take care of yourself!

Helen said...

You take care of yourself! Malcom is so sweet!! It's all worth it! lol