Thursday, July 20, 2006

Food, food, food, food, food, food, food, food, food and more food.... ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I'm nothing but a zombied panda these days. No, not the fat version. Just an ULTRA SLEEP-DEPRIVED one. My days now evolves around eating MIL's cooking, which is like 4 - 5 times a day, feeding Gordon, and nursing Malcolm. It's food, food, food, food, food, and more food. I'm getting very tulaned with eating already.

I like the food. I'm like someone's who's just returned from Ethopia, famished.... can eat all the time. But all the consistent eating is actually driving me freaking mad. MIL thinks in order to replenish a spent body, all i must do now is eat, eat, eat, eat eat, eat and eat. She kept telling me that during her confinement days, nobody cooked for her. So, her malnourished body is very weak now after 6 kids. And so i get stuffed. And let me tell you, the serving sizes she dish out for me is enough to turn me into a fat pig. But now, after 2 weeks of stuffing myself silly with food also i dont seem to see any difference.

I'm treated like a QUEEN. I get room-service, laundry all taken care of, Malcolm bathed and also shopping/grocery done. MIL cannot handle Gordon's feeding sessions, says she get backache just feeding him. That's why i have to feed him myself, which is pretty tiring now that Malcolm's using his highchair as a temporary bed. So, i resorted to holding the cane when i feed him, and i dont like doing that. Makes me look so paranoid. But i assume holding it is much much better than chasing him around.......

Gotta go, i hear someone crying....... more feeding......

6 comments:

L B said...

FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!!! Yes, yes, more, more!!! MORE.. FOOD!!! Yeah!!!! Hurry hurry, pile up the table!!! Hugs, Samm, long time no see!! And congrats on Malcolm!!! WTG!!! FOOD!!!!

Samm said...

lb - welcome back!!!! never call me oso. in fact, i'm eating again now.... dohhh

ZMM said...

Good that your MIL pampered you like that.. When I had Zara.. I have no confinement lady, had to take care of Zara all by myself, and MIL never offered to help.

Some of my friends saw me a week later, and thought I look like a ghost. They went marketting and brought kampung chickens for me to make chicken essence.. Haha.. friends are better than MILs huh?

King's wife said...

eat lah, no worries. Between breastfeeding and holding a cane, all the calories will be burnt up!

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

Samm, count your blessings dear, though I understand too much food and eating all the time can be a bit boring *LOL*. You won't wanna be in my situation, only me and hubby handled our baby, no confinement cooking, dinner also no time to cook man! Eat maggi mee, instant pasta, frozen foods, bread, whatever is quick to prepare and also, KFC and McDs, whatever goes lah .. house also in a mess ... mandi & berak also no time :) Give your MIL a big kiss, so good and concern about your well being!

Samm said...

zara's mama - come to think of it... why din u get one then? will u be getting one this time? and i do believe in friends more than anything. like the chinese saying... die w/o regrets when u have a good friend in a lifetime (something liddat lah, u chinese ed, can translate better)

king's wife - ya lr, that's i eat so much oso never seem to put on any extra weight. and i like ur new profile pic.

g - i know i'm very blessed indeed. i'm thinking of why to get MIL when i'm outta confinement.