Saturday, October 15, 2005

Have you tried Strollerskating?

I had the car to myself the whole of yesterday's afternoon. Papa had gone out-station with a friend. So, I took the opportunity to take Gordon back to mom's house for a visit. We havent been back for about a month, i guess.

Mom and dad turned vegetarian not too long ago. So, much to my delight, there's only vegetarian dishes for lunch. Gordon and i had lunch of vegetable soup and rice in my mom's house. My parents will be moving away soon as my brother bought a new house not too far from where they are currently staying. We live only a few streets away.

One of my niece's birthday fall on the same day as Gordon's. I bought her a pair of strollerskates earlier on but her mom did not give it to her. She wanted to wait until all the exams are over and asked me to hand them to her instead. So she gave them to me before heading back to her office. I waited till 2pm for my niece to come home from school.


Gordon's strollerskates

My niece and her elder brother were home by 2.05pm and were delighted to see Gordon and i home that day. They had an extremely lightning-fast lunch. I showed my niece her birthday present and she was just speechless. The sparkle in her eyes says it all.

I showed her how to put on her skates and taught her how to skate. She's obviously clumsy at first and fell down a couple of times whilst her brother chuckled away in a corner. I made her remove them and got her brother to try it out to show him that it's not as easy as it looked. To our amusement, he fell down a couple of times too. That'll teach him not to laugh so much, hehe. With a few days of diligent practise, i'm sure they'll be zipping away with ease.

This is another pair which i bought for Gordon. I know he's only 2 now and wont be able to play with them for at least another 2 years. But it's so nice and i just cant resist not buying them for him.


Mom, u sure there's another pair of straps in here?

These are a variation from the ones i had when i was little. Mine had 4 wheels while these are two-wheelers. It's expandable to suit larger shoes with two pairs of straps of different lengths with each pair. The wheels light up without batteries too, cool. Since these are 2-wheelers, you can walk or skate in them without having to remove them. And it comes with a convenient storage bag.

The official website for the strollerskates has a short movie on how it works, so i'm not going to elaborate further on that.


Come here mom, put these on and see.....

I had fun playing with mine when i was little and i'm sure they will too. I had to leave as it's already late and Gordon's getting cranky. Wants his nap. I will snap a few pics of her zipping around in them one day.

Did any of you buy these for your kids? Care to share some of the fun your kids have with these skates with me?

10 comments:

5xmom.com said...

Never heard of this. But skateboarding is a nightmare! My sons challenged me to skateboard but I told them I dunna break my hip.

Samm said...

Seems to be the in thing after all those roller sneakers. At least with these, everyone gets to wear them; and for a long time too. Their feet grow so fast.

Howsy said...

You sure have a lot of child gadgets, don't you? Last time the potty and now the skaters? What's next? Hehe...luckily I'm still single...spending on these gadgets alone costs $$$

Samm said...

Aiya, the potty was a hand-me-down from his aunt. The skates i keep till he can learn to play lah. No lah, raising a child need not be expensive. Just provide him with lots of love and attention.

Anonymous said...

samm,

never heard of this thing... lol The previous craze was those shoes with wheels??? Grrr Grrrr, those kids are a nuinsance zipping in and out of the busy supermarket and even inside the church aisle....

Anonymous said...

I WANT A PAIR!!!! (for "me"..hehehe)
What a great calf work-out, too! Thanks.. ;)

Greenapple said...

oh, neither do i skate, nor have a son. but i'll like to comment on something, that you son is so lengchai.... especially in the last photo of this post.

ah, what an eye-soothing experience! haha. you must be a happy mum!

Samm said...

helen - i wld too if i were a kid in those things.

mensabarbie - sure, sure, y not. post of pic with you in them for us, hehe

greenapple - i am indeed, thank you.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

Wow very cool indeed. Haven't seen any here yet.

Samm said...

then u must be the first to show off, lol