Monday, November 05, 2007

Do you want to be a heavy equipment operator when you grow up?

My neighbor kid loves to play with all those heavy equipments like excavators and bulldozers. I always see his dad buying a new one for him each time they go shopping. My kid also likes to play with vehicles. In fact, hubby just bought him one of those monster trucks. I was outside with my kids the other day when i overheard my neighbor asking his kid what he wants to be when he grows up. Without much delay, he told his dad he wants to be a heavy equipment operator when he grows up, lol. I really expected him to say that, really i did. And boy, i was so right.

Anyway, his dad gave him his blessings but told him he will have to go to a Heavy Equipment Operator School to get himself qualified to operate such huge vehicles if he's serious about it. I have a friend who obtain his certification at ATS, a premier heavy equipment operator training school. He says it's important as it takes a lot of practice to learn how to operate those vehicles and there can be no mistakes at all as life is at stake. But i think it's still too early for my neighbor to be asking his kid questions like this. He's only 12 now!!

1 comment:

Monster Toys said...

Heavy Equipment operators are in demand. If your boys are interested, they can checkout the real monster toys on my blog:

http://monstertoys.blogspot.com

Boys will be boys~! :)