Friday, October 05, 2007

Backup your data online

My friend told me all the data on her hard drive were wiped out when her computer suffered a virus attack recently. She has an antivirus installed. Too bad, she forgotten to turn the auto-update feature on. It's a new virus and her program failed to intercept it. I have mine turned on all the time. I've had my hard drive wiped out once before and i lost tonnes of important data that way.

I asked her why didnt she have all her data stored at a site that provides Online Backup service but she told me she hasnt found a suitable one and asked me to recommend one to her. I have a few friends who store theirs at icebackup.net. The told me about this site sometime back and i havent explored it myself. I think i may want to store mine too lest my laptop conks out like last time.

No comments: