Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Of musical lanterns and 22 rows of knits&purls gone to waste

I'm glad that Mid-Autumn Festival's finally over. Every year, dear old loving Grandma aka MIL will buy Gordon a lantern. Aad each time, it's those battery-operated one with some music playing when it's turned on. But this year, the one she bought has music that drives me up the walls. Some kinda "fung-tau" (head-shaking after taking ecstasy pills) song.

Aiyo.... you know lah, kids will always be kids. Gordon will come to me and ask me to turn it on for him all day long. I was willing for the battery to go dead. And just when i wanted it to, it just continues playing and the light wheel inside will keep turning and turning and turning, until my head also go spinning, spinning and spinning. So much for made-in-China batteries.

This is going to be one long and busy week. Hubby called me during lunch and asked me to search for his passport photo. So, i searched high and low, cleaned out the drawers and still cannot find. Diuuuu, asked him to go take another instead since he looks more handsome now compared to his old photo. Want to go China also give me so much trouble. Ahhh, the piaomeis are soooo waiting....

On another note, i undid 3498 stitches from my current project. Yup, 22 rows at 159 stitches/row. One mistake is all it takes and 2hrs worth of knitting unraveled in less than 2 minutes time. You see, it was getting late and hubby was hinting that i should get my ass back in bed. I just finished working a block of pattern and am supposed to decrease my stitches down to 145 stitches per row from 159. I kept my work and continued on the next 22 rows the following day without decreasing it.

Only realised my mistake when i worked on the next patterned block where i have to increase it back to 159 stitches. Eh, how come pattern dont match one???? Diuuu lorrrrr..... instead of increasing it back to 159, i got 174 stitches per row..... niamahhhh. I'm so gonna poke his backside if he ever disturb me again when i'm knitting.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyo, effort wasted! at least you didn't find out when you're knitting and purling the last row. come come, I'm very good at unravelling! *pulls on the yarn*

L B said...

Waaaa, nowadays so hi-tech ka? Battery operated singsong Lanterns?!!! Where got fun? The best part was dripping wax all over your cousins' feet ma!! Especially that actsee one.. over there!! LOL...
And as for one mistake, imagine if that was a broken condom. Now, that would be some unravelling to do! Happy Post Mid-Autumn Trance..

wombie said...

I'll undo a mistake if it's only a few rows. If it's anything more than that, I'll just knit on.

Hope Gordan had fun with his high-tech lantern!!

blogade said...

omg! never in a thousand years would i have imagined my dear olde cicak kubin friend here being a doting mother of two, let alone a seamstress ???!
wa liao eh!
WELL DONE !

; )
in case you're wondering who i am ... try recalling Marian Convent and how your cicak kubin name came about!

Hugz!

Anonymous said...

Tape that lantern, it helps to reduce the volume, if not, take out the batteries and tell him they're gone!

Samm said...

may - u b careful ohhh. i'll knit ur hair together when i see u next time, now....go hide... quick.

lb - u forgotten play masak-masak leh. as for broken condom.... eerrr, choi, choi, choi.... never....

simmie - but this one kenot wohhh. as for the lantern, he sien adi.

blogade - welcome... welcome, my dear "BELALANG". Seeeiiii lorrrr, now my skoolmates are cmg to haunt my blog.....

shoppingmum - i did, i did, yehhhh!!! but i dont want to spoil all the fun mah. if i take it out, mil will put new ones in and then, they'll definitely last longer, lol.

Cocka Doodle said...

Waah..the china-made batteries can last so long ah?
Maybe you should consider 'stealing' them from Gordon's lantern to power up your vibrator. Hahahaha!!!

ZMM said...

Poke the backside with the crouchet needle would be nice.. (but maybe he'll like it) :P

I hate those musical lanterns too.. such a nuisance. The one we bought for Zara last year played a Wong Fei Hoong tune, I guess it's more tolerable than your feng tao song.

Anonymous said...

yerrr..hate those battery operated ones too thank God my mom buys the traditional ones! wah really respect u leh...knitting really requires patience which i dun think i will ever hv!

King's wife said...

such a costly mistake....sum toong to undo all the hard work.

Samm said...

cocka - i cant find mine. have to buy a new ipiaoker from linpeh instead.

zara's mama - now, lantern went kaput liao.... phew.....

laundryamah - i didnt have much too. i was very hot-tempered when i was younger. But ever since picking up knitting, it has taught me many things and patience is one of them. perhaps u can try to knit also.

king's wife - haih, u know the feeling too, hoh. pull, pull, pull, 2 hrs work gone..... just like that

mommy of 3 angels said...

hahaha...u are so funny..really enjoy ur blog