Saturday, October 14, 2006

Malcolm In The Middle Sling

Went back to my mom's house this afternoon with my sis. My dad fell down this morning and cracked his skull. He was alone in the house when he slipped and fell. Lucky my mom and the rest of the family members returned home shortly after the incident happened. When we asked him how he fell, he can vaguely recall something about knocking against a step outside. Anyway, how he fell doesnt really matter now. He's being closely monitored for the time being by my mom. I pray and thank God that he's alright.

We told him to stay in the room but he wanted to come out and kay-poh with the rest of us at the living hall. Can also lah. No point lying in bed, fresh air better. So, here's a pic of my dad with his dressing.

I'm a sling user and here's Malcolm in one. I know many of my readers have heard of a sling but havent really seen a baby in one or tried one before. He loves to sit and sleep in it. It's very light and portable. Can just stuff it into a bag. Handy item to bring along on short trips or shopping. Think hands-free operation. He's so comfortable when in it that he'll go to sleep half the time. For mommies with colicky babies, i know how tiring it can be carrying your baby all night long. The sling is the greatest item to have in times like this.

I like using the stroller and would definitely train Malcolm to sit in one for as long as possible. Gordon still sits quietly in his till now. The only thing you have to get used to while using the sling is the stares you'll get from passers-by wherever you go. They might even walk up to you and enquire about the sling, lol. As for discreet breastfeeding while using the sling, i can vouch on that. I've breastfed Malcolm at Starbucks before and nobody seems to notice it. Damn convenient.

Here's another pic of my darling having some fun with his cousin sisters. I gotta go.... nan-time!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks O U C H ! ! ! thank goodness your Dad's ok. hope his wound heals fast and well.

soon Malcolm would be too big for his sling ler! getting a bigger sarong then? *wink*

L B said...

Your poor dad! Painful or what, eh?!!
That sling of yours is amazing. I want one too!!!

Cocka Doodle said...

Sorry to learn what happened to your dad. Hope he's better now.
The sling? Yeah, you looked like a kangaroo and Malcolm in the pouch! LOL

Samm said...

may - sling can use till he's 3 woh. yalor, like i'm still gonna carry him when he's 3, lol

lb - ok, come back next yr, and i'll give u 1

neil - my brother sent him to the doctor to hv his wound cleaned and stitched up immediately upon reaching home. thx again for the concern

cocka - yes, meh.... like kangaroo meh....

Anonymous said...

Ok ah.. I want to go for a at least one round around Ipoh wan...

Omni said...

Tell your dad that an American lady is hoping his poor head will be ok!! xo

Anonymous said...

look so painful..luckily he is okay edi.

hmm i have one of those..i wonder where izit now...

Samm said...

lb - u mean u wan me 2 carry u in 1 ah. sure u wanna go round round ipoh town liddat?

omni - thx for the concern. he's doing well till now.

sasha - go, go dig it out and snap pic of ur jayden in it. hurry.... b4 he grows out of it.

5xmom.com said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. Lucky it wasn't so bad.

BTW, does yr blog has some virus or something 'cos there is a pop up window asking me to login to some server. That's why I hardly comment 'cos I need to click that before I can post comments.

Samm said...

5xmom - no virus, i think it's that stupid tagboard attracting all sorts of nonsence, @#$%^&*. So, just click cancel everytime u drop by, haih....

ZMM said...

Poor Samm's daddy.. Hope he's better already.

I use a Baby Bjork, and it's pretty useful.. We still use it on Zara when we go to the market. But I know if sleep in sling it's more comfy esp for young babies. Maybe should invest in one.

Sling takes up to what max weight?

Malcom is getting chubby huh?

ZMM said...

*chubbier*

Samm said...

zara's mama - say can use up to 3yrs old woh. neway, more info can be found at http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/slingtests.html

And my boy seems to be growing up well, hoh. Soooo chubby now, lol.

Peter said...

Hope your dad is fully recovered by now. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I dunno how to carry my baby in that position (kangaroo position I think). She likes to have her legs stretch.
I like the sling too, so easy to be hands free with it.
And hope your dad recovers ASAP.

L B said...

oops, sorry for posting your pics there!!! LOL!