Thursday, March 02, 2006

Should i switch Gordon's milk???

Of late, Gordon's been refusing to drink his daily cup of milk. I dont give him much, only about 120ml a day. And yet he takes ages to finish it. The easiest way to make him drink his milk nowadays is to strap him into his highchair. He'd protest at first by turning his face towards the back of the chair. But, eventually, he'd get the message that he's not going anywhere till he finishes it.

Even so, he'd play with the milk in his mouth by running them back and forth through his teeth whilst making a funny noise. I have to poke his cheeks to make him swallow it. In all, the entire ordeal might last a full 20 minutes. It's driving me nuts.

I dont want him to give up drinking milk now as he's just two and a half. He now runs and hide beneath the comforter whenever he sees me coming into the room with his cuppa. He has no qualms drinking other coloured liquids like Vitagen or fruit yogurt drinks. He even drinks my black sesame beverage. Maybe he no longer like the taste of his current milk, i really have no idea.

I'm contemplating switching his milk to chocolate flavored version once he's done with this pack. Any mommies out there giving your kids chocolate flavored milk? I dont fancy it myself but i think it's worth giving it a try, hoh. I dont want him to give up drinking milk at such a tender age. Care to share??

7 comments:

ZMM said...

A different band perhaps. Have you tasted what his milk taste like?

Zara refused formula when I gave her infant formula.. I tried it, it was horrible.. tasted so strong of iron. Then I switched to a diferent milk, for older baby.. it's nicer tasting, Zara likes it.. And now, she has no problem taking her formula.

Samm said...

zara's mama - i share Gordon's milk and frankly speaking, it's tad on the sweet side. yup, like you said, i'm switching brands. i think he's phobia of seeing the white stuff already by now. that's why i want to buy choc this time.

MahaguruSia said...

Do try different milk, flavoured ones are a big no no. Gordan should be ok with fresh milk by now. I am sure the supermarkets in your area have many brands to choose from. Good luck.

Samm said...

mahagurusia - you mean i let him try those hl/marigold type?

Anonymous said...

that's the thing about kids. once they acquire the taste for a certain kind of milk, it's darn difficult to change. my son is about the same age as Gordon. previously he was on the Mamil formula, then we switched him to soy because he developed some allergy. took about a week to get him to take soy. now we want to switch him to paediasure coz he doesn't seem to be gaining a healthy weight purely on soy. unfortunately he refuses to take a single sip even though the paediasure formula comes in different flavors.

5xmom.com said...

Hohoho, mahaiguru so kleberrrr.

I dunno wor, cos my little cow takes his ciplak milk with no problem. And he is a rice urn, must eat rice everyday. *roll eyes* I am blessed!

Anonymous said...

My breastfed daughter who's 7 now, still doesn't like the taste of cow's milk. I gave her chocolate milk when I weaned her (sometimes Milo + milk, sometimes choc flavoured milk) My son who's almost 2, is still breastfeeding, but I also give him Milo + milk (regular instant full cream milk powder) occasionally. They are not big fans of milk, like their mommie, so I don't push so hard for them to drink milk everyday. My boy has milk + oats every morning, though. Both don't like special children formulas, so I just buy regular Fernleaf for the whole family.