Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Mini bloggers meet and a very cranky Gordon

I can hear you all. So no need to scream at me. I know what all of you must have been thinking. The mini bloggers meet was two days ago and why this si lai still hasnt posted anything about iot yet???

Well, i think Zara's Mama, King's Wife, Helen and Seng Kor have already said all and posted lots of pics already. Thanks for the link back here, folks. But for those who dropped by expecting a post on the meet, sorry to disappoint you.

In all, everyone turned out just as i expected. Really great people to talk to and enjoy an afternoon chat with. Helen came by with her hubby, John, to pick me up as i was too damn lazy to drive. Hubby left for KL right after lunch before our meet, so, he couldnt meet up with them.

Gordon was very good throughout lunch and coffee session, almost an angel (in disguise). He amused himself by shredding tissue paper and left quite a mess at the kopitiam (dunno what name also, owned by one of hubby's friend).

As hubby's away, i've been busy with my online work whilst taking care of Gordon who keeps disturbing me by yanking my hands away from the keyboard and dragging me out of the room. He's been cranky these two days with his papa away. It's because he doesnt get to go out for breakfast..... "No papa = No breakfast = No gai-gai"

Of late, Gordon's not drinking his milk (only wants it cold; straight from the fridge), not eating his rice, soup, veges, bread.... except crappy junk like biscuits, and not taking his afternoon naps. I suspect he must be teething again. At almost every nappy change, he'd run to the bathroom and wants a dip in his bath-tub..... even at 10pm.

He's really driving me nuts and nothing much can be done at one go without him disturbing me all the time. Today, he put his shoes onto my table and wanted to go out. So, i took the afternoon off and went back to my mom's house. Let him play with his cousins whilst i took a short nap.

When we arrived back home, dragging a very reluctant Gordon out of the car and carrying him back into the house is really no fun at all. He was crying and wriggling all the time. So, the only way to pacify is giving him a bottle of Yakult from the fridge. Cleaned him up and put him to bed. He fell asleep almost immediately.

By then, myself also dead sien already. So, went to bed also. I think i'll be up till about 3 - 4am, trying to catch up with my work which i dont really get to do during the day.

Hubby's back, gotta go help him out now.

10 comments:

L B said...

The Calm After the Storm, eh? Glad you all had a great time!!

Helen said...

LOL Glad u enjoyed yourself! Talking to u is indeed informative!! All those free nutritional advices... lol

Take care!! Gordon is a real gem... until he starts grappling KW's tits... LOL

ZMM said...

I really can't imagine this side of Gordon.. He was way too good when we met, like a little angel shredding tissues (except for the occasion where he grabbed KW's tits and pulled Zara's hair) :P

You sure it was him missing Daddy and not him missing us.. ?? :P

Btw, I posted the group photos I took at my site.. Sorry if you have been exposed.

Cocka Doodle said...

Oooo.....how I wish I was in little Gordon's place.....shredding tissues, i meant. ;) LOL

King's wife said...

Samm ar, maybe after so many hours of sitting there guai-guai, he is now releasing steam!
But then seriously, I think he misses us lah. Want you to bring him out to meet us again. LOL

MahaguruSia said...

Children go through phases, I am sure Gordon's one will pass sooner or later. At the mean time, try different things for him and most of all, be patient... :)

p/s. I like my milk cold too. (Ishh!! I am talking about milk, milk lah)

Nick said...

Gordon will definitely grow up to be a true man ... ( judging from his "manly" actions :-D )

5xmom.com said...

except for the occasion where he grabbed KW's tits ZMM said.

LOL, no wonder Cocka wants to be in Gordon's shoes.


Rest well, Samm! The baby inside needs your pampering too. ZZZZZZ more often.

Cocka Doodle said...

5xmom....why you otak kuning wan? I just want to tear tissues only mah. LOL

Samm said...

Dear all,

Yup, Gordon missed his pap very much. That's why he keeps bugging me to go to the door all the time. He wants to see where papa is, why isnt he home yet at night.

Cocka - you sure ah, only tissue you want. Ok, i'll send you a carton, lol.

Gordon's great when it comes to gai-gai. Very guai one. Will just sit in his stroller or highchair all the time. Training mah... ahem.