Thursday, December 01, 2005

"Gai-gai isnt gai-gai until we get off the car" says Gordon

Beginning of the month is usually a busy time for hubby, especially today. His phone started ringing at 9am sharp and hasnt stopped since. Someone came by to pick him up soon after for some urgent matters. No time for family breakfast this morning. So, i made Gordon and i some organic spirulina noodles with garlic oil and an egg. Tastes good also.

I bathed Gordon after his meal and put him in some gai-gai clothes as we'd be heading for Ambank once hubby gets back from his meeting. You see, Ambank is one of those banks that you cannot perform intergiro transfer for credit card repayment. So, Maybank2u is out of the question.... sigh. I know, i know. Sending a cheque is much easier but then hoh, hubby is the kind of person who prefers to pay on due date and in cash. So, nevermind loh, he's the one footing the bills. I only do the swiping.... better not complain.

It was a short trip down town to the bank. I popped into Ambank and made my repayment via their one and only cash deposit machine. Thank god, there's only one person performing the same when i arrived, lucky me. There was even a girl outside the bank giving out free Halls candy when i stepped out. How nice. Freebies. I havent had freebies in ages. Must go out more often, hehe.

We were singing in the car all the way home. Gordon was giggling all the time as he played clap-clap-hands with me. As soon as we turned into the corner leading back home, the laughter all turned into screams. To my lil boy, gai-gai isnt complete when he didnt get to get down from the car and sit somewhere in a coffee shop or restaurant. Tears were streaming down his flushed cheeks, big big blobs too. He doesnt want to get off the carseat and screamed even more when hubby tried to coax him out. So, no choice. Had to climb in and pull out a very cranky toddler.

He doesnt even want me when i extended my hands and offered to carry him instead :(. Had that sulky look on his face. Wouldnt even want to remove his shoes back home. So, i left him screaming in the living room hoping that his Grandma will come to his rescue and do some pampering on my behalf whilst i went to the backyard to collect the laundry. His aunt arrived shortly and cant stand seeing him crying like that and took him out for a car-ride. He came back with a somewhat still-not-satisfied look on his face.

I gave him some soup and 2 slices of wholemeal bread and put on his favorite vcd for him. He played for a while by himself. I went out to put the clothes into the washing machine and by the time i came back, i found him yawning away already. He woke up early this morning at about 9.30am. So, lights out, air-cond on. Time for nap-nap. He's now napping away and i guess he wont be bugging me till 6pm. Now, what am i going to do until 6pm?

9 comments:

Jeremy C said...

you can watch a DVD :) have you got that zathura i recommended? hehe

King's wife said...

put your legs up and relak lah...
if me, means end up zzzzzz with him!

zathura..my kids watched it and they love it.

ZMM said...

Wow, he takes such long naps?

Zara's nap is always 1/2 hr, 1 hr type.. Longest is 2hrs but she's always opening her eyes to see if I'm laid next to her, if I'm there, the nap is longer, if not, short ones.

Gordon must be very crossed with the 'lies' the adults tell.. Go kai kai but not really kai kai just car ride.. No wonder he's cranky.

From now till 6pm.. blogging and surfing.

Samm said...

jeremy c - errr, not yet buy leh.

king's wife - i have to sleep with him until he falls asleep first. but if i sleep too much now, tonight problem lah, turn night owl.

zara's mama - Jeles leh. I trained him since he's a baby. Lights out means sleep time, non-negotiable. So now, i cant stay up late with the lights on, he wont go to sleep one. Sure complain. So, i turn on after he falls asleep.

That's why i make up with lots of love, hugs and kisses loh. Now till 6pm..... like what u said lah. Maybe do facial and foot massage later if the mood strikes. Raining now, cant even take the clothes out....

Helen said...

Hate to say this Samm, but, Gordon is right!! Car ride is not Gai Gai!! LOL I would cry too if I am GOrdon!! Now, take me to Jusco!!

Samm said...

Helen - Nevermind, Gordon. Afturds when you wake up ah, Aunty Helen says she'll come by and take you go Jusco gai-gai, k. So, Helen, what time you coming over to pick us up ah?????

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

Kids these days are smart :P

Helen said...

Better train Gordon if he wants helen to take him Jusco, call me chieh chieh... LOL

Anonymous said...

Aw- that's just a little stage that they go through. (hehehe).. You did the right thing.. (I agree, feet up!) ... ;-)))