Thursday, August 18, 2005

Bank rejects my RM1 coins :(


I went to the bank to deposit my son's coins which i saved up for him. Well, this particular branch in my neighbourhood do not have a coin separating machine. So, i went the extra mile and separated the coins into different containers.

All the coins were accepted, except for some RM1 coins amounting to about Rm33. They were returned to me as they suspect them to be fakes. The teller told me that if i insist she banks in the Rm33 for me, she will oblige. But, if it turns out to be fakes, i have to bear the losses as my account will be debitted for the said amount of money. The look on her face already suggest that i take the coins back and do whatever i want with them.

See, thanks to the banks, that's why we have so many fake coins still circulating in the market, contributing to our booming economy. And at whose expense? Ours. So, i'll most probably use them for the parking meters or buy small items with them.

So, next time, dont save those Rm1 coins. We have a valid reason for not accepting the coins when they are handed to us as change for our purchases. Most of them are fakes.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The teller actually gave the coins back to you? Wow, isn't this also criminal? I mean, she helps to circulate fake coins.

Anonymous said...

Spend them slowly lor on kedai runcit.....

fishtail said...

They won't accept RM1 coins? Shoot, I've got a whole piggy full of them :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MissM said...

Surely there must be some policy about taking counterfeit currency out of the system?

Hmmm this is so "Cowboy"!