Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wait wait wait for the darned hospital bill

I cant remember very well, but someone was asking me why it took the hospital so long to prepare my bill. Well, who ask me to go home on a Saturday. Moreover, it's a public holiday. The Sultan of Perak's birthday and all the big shots have gone to palace. My doctor was late as he had to be there. Some Datuk, okay. By the time he dropped by my ward, it's nearly 12pm.

Checked my report and told me my tummy got worms and how they ended up there, blah, blah, blah. Told me he'll prescribe me with some medications and asked me if i'm allergic to anything or not. Whipped out his iPhone to double check. WUAH!!! Seems that he's using Epocrates’ free drug reference for iphone. Not bad, huh. Even doctors are so up-to-date these days.

Then, there is the wait for my insurance company confirmation. Was told it'll take about two hours. I waited till i got bored and signed the release form myself. If i had waited at the hospital, i think i would have turned into a stone statue. They took more than five freaking hours to process my bill. So now you know why i had to ding dong between the hospital and home....

No comments: