Thursday, November 17, 2005

MARMITE..... I NEED YOU NOW!!!!

Day 32

I woke up at 9am with a sore throat and a slight fever. It's now 12pm, the fever's subsided and the sore throat almost non-existent. But gawd, my lower back still aches and my breasts are getting more tender by the day.


Now, i have this funny taste in my mouth. I must be really sick. I got a shock when i looked at myself in the mirror before i went to bed last night and i really looked like a zombie, pasty-faced and all. At least Gordon is back to his old self and watching Chicken Little now. I shoved him into the bathroom with papa just now to save myself from having to give him his bath later.

Porridge with Marmite is all that i want now; my ultimate comfort food. I love Marmite with almost everything i eat.... on toast, as a beverage, straight from the pot on my finger, with fried rice, as a dip/gravy, etc. Been eating that since i was a kid. I still remember my mom used to buy me small packets of macaroni that cost only 20 cents each and cook that for me whenever i'm ill. Aaawww, i want my mom to cook me that NOW. Gotta wait another 1/2hour for the porridge.... die.

Marmite Pot & Beverage

Do you all have a special kind of food that'll make you feel better whenever you feel unwell or down? Care to share some perk-me-up recipes?

Tip: eating Marmite keeps those mozzies away

10 comments:

ZMM said...

for me, if I'm ill, I just want to sleep. Food will never be in my mind. :(

5xmom.com said...

Sleep and hope to die. Hahaha.

I like the pickled vege in cans. Nice! Now, I crave it. Maybe I go open and eat them. I always keep a can. Want some?

Helen said...

I like Marmite too! ..... and Bovril! Especially on cream crackers!! Margerine + Bovril/Marmite on crackers = Bliss. lol

Jeremy C said...

We have the same comfort food! Porridge and marmite *yummy*

King's wife said...

i sokong marmite/bovril with porridge also. but after my last bout of illness, i am staying away from that for a while!

soup and rice is my other favourite when i am sick.

hope u are feeling better..

Samm said...

stargazer - maybe u try that out for urself too *wink*

5xmom - now that i read about it, make me so want to go out and buy one back later to go with my porridge

helen - bread, butter + cheese = best. No margarine for me.

jeremy c - what a coincidence, lol

king's wife - ill be having some ching-tong lou-shee-fun later.

Samm said...

zara's mama - sometimes, i feel like sleeping all day long too.

Babe_KL said...

toast pearl barley bread (gardenia) then spread peanut butter followed by marmite... i tell u... mmmm... it's heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Macaroni and cheese.

Samm said...

babe_kl - sweet and salty.... eerrm, funny woh

neil - oh, yes, that. yummy..